1940s Atlantic City Auditorium and Convention Hall Souvenir Compact
Home of the world's largest pipe organ, the Atlantic City Auditorium (now known as Boardwalk Hall) opened its doors in May of 1929. Designed to be a self-contained entertainment facility, the auditorium had its own independent electric power station, radio station and telephone system. It also, at the time, housed the world's largest enclosed free-span archway -- a true feat of engineering.
This darling souvenir mirrored compact hails from the 1940s and was likely purchased as a memento of a visit to this modern-day marvel.
The glass mirror is intact. There is no makeup inside but it does come with the original puff.
There are multiple scratches/scuffs revealing silver under black paint. Slight staining on picture. Priced accordingly.